Smart Ration Card Status | TNPDS Smart Ration Card Application Form | TNPDS Smart Ration Card Apply Online
We all know that the Tamil Nadu government has started the digitalization of the ration card. The application of the TNPDS Ration Card is also submitted through online mode and the distribution is also done through online mode. Today under this article, we will share step by step procedure through which you apply for the digital ration card in Tamil Nadu State. We will also share step by step procedure through which you can check the status of your smart Ration card online. In this article, we will share the specifications of the digital ration card in Tamilnadu state.
TNPDS Ration Card Conversion Of Sugar Into Rice
There are around 5, 80,298 ration card holders in Tamil Nadu. The Ration cardholders have requested the Government of Tamil Nadu to convert their sugar option family cards into rice option cards. The Government of Tamil Nadu has decided to grant this request of people and convert sugar opted family cards into rice opted ration cards. So all those citizens of Tamil Nadu who have previously opted for sugar can now opt for rice.
- For this purpose, the cardholders are required to download the application form from the official portal and submit it to the local official between 5 December 2020 to 20 December 2020.
- All those candidates who will submit the application are required to attach all the important documents along with the photocopy of the existing ration card.
- Last year in November 2019 the Government of Tamil Nadu had made a similar statement asking the citizens to convert their ration card. A large number of cardholders at that time also had submitted an application to convert their ration cards.
Tamil Nadu Digital Ration Card
There are four types of digital ration cards available for residents of Tamilnadu State. The list of different types of ration card is given below:-
- Light Green cards are issued for rice and other commodities from the Fair Price Shops (FPS).
- White cards are issued for extra 3kg sugar over the prescribed quota.
- No commodity card is issued to the people who are not entitled to draw any commodity from ration shops
- Khaki cards are issued to the police personnel up to the rank of inspectors.
Details About TNPDS Smart Ration Card
|Beneficiaries n||Residents of Tamil Nadu|
|Launched by||Tamil Nadu PDS|
|Objective||Distribution Of Ration Card|
Objectives Of Tamil Nadu Digital Ration Card
The following objectives will be fulfilled by the inauguration of the smart ration card in Tamilnadu:-
- The implementation of the fraudulent practices will be prevented.
- The information of the resident will be authentic.
- The conversion will prevent paper costs.
- Printing and distribution costs of the ration cards will be prevented.
- The online distribution of the ration card will be less time-consuming.
- The residents will now just have to apply for a ration card online which will be beneficial and happen with much less difficulty.
- The process of implementing a digital ration card will provide transparency to the residents.
The following documents are required while applying for the digital ration card in Tamilnadu:-
- Aadhar Card
- Pan Card
- Recent Size Photography Pass
- Bank passbook
- Caste/Category certificate
- Income certificate
- Electricity bill
TNPDS Ration Card Online Application Form
To apply for the digital Ration card via online mode, you need to follow the simple steps given below:-
- First, visit the official website of the TNPDS department.
Helpdesk Contact Number tnpds
For any query related to the smart card you may contact on 1967 or 1800-425-5901. Please send the code to 9773904050 from their registered mobile number. Short Code Description:
- PDS <Space> 101 – Item Details at Fair Price Store
- PDS <Space> 102 – Fair Price Outlet (Opened / Closed)
- PDS <Space> 107 – for a complaint of payment amount
Through this article, we have covered all the information regarding TNPDS Smart Ration Card. If you are still facing any problem then you can contact the helpline number or can even write an email to the department of food supply and consumer protection, Government of Tamilnadu. The helpline number and email ID is as follows:-
- Helpline Number- 1967 or 18004255901
- Email Id- firstname.lastname@example.org