Patta Chitta Tamil Nadu Land Record 2021 Apply Online
Patta Chitta, Patta is a land revenue record which is a document for the ownership of land. The strap will be in the name of the real owner of an asset. The data record is maintained in the taluka offices and contains the ownership details of all landholdings.
In order to establish your right over a property, you must have enough documented proof. In Tamil Nadu, a ‘Patta’ is all the evidence you need, to prove your legal right over a property. The Tamil Nadu state government launched the Tamil Nadu Patta Chitta Land Record for citizens of Tamil Nadu, who can now access digitized land records. This service comes under the revenue department.
What is a Patta?
Patta is a legal document issued by the Tamil Nadu government in the name of the actual owner of the property. A patta can be obtained from the Tahsildar’s office of the particular district.
A patta consists of the following details:
- Name of the District, Taluk, and Village
- Patta Number
- Name of the owner
- Survey number and subdivision
- Is it a Wetland or a Dryland (Nanjai Nilam and Punjai Nilam in Tamil)
- Area of the land and Tax details
What is a Chitta?
It is a land revenue document maintained by Village Administrative Officer (VAO) and the Taluk office. A Chitta provides the relevant detail of the ownership, area, size, .etc of the land. Most importantly it classifies the land into nanjai (wetland) and punjai (dry land).
As of 2015, the government of Tamil Nadu does not issue a Chitta. The Patta and Chitta were merged into one document with all the relevant details mentioned in the Patta.
Details on the Patta Chitta document
You can get the following information in the Patta Chitta document:
- Name of the Owner
- Quantity of Patta
- Sub-division and survey number
- Name of the district, village, and taluk of the owner
- Area or dimensions of the land
- Tax details of the owner
- Dryland or wetland details
- Chitta land ownership
Nature of land
nanjai : In short, it is a wetland – it could be a lake, river, canal, or water bodies.
punjai i: punjai is dry land. It has low water reservoirs and depends on small sources such as well, borewells, etc.
How to Apply/View/Download for Patta Chitta Online?
- To apply/view Patta Chitta online, visit the official web portal of Tamil Nadu revenue services.
- On the home page, click on the “view Patta & FMB/Chitta online/TSLR Extract” option.
- A new page opens, selects the District, Area (Urban/Rural), and clicks on submit.
- A page appears to enter the district’s details, taluk, town, ward, block, survey number/Patta number, sub-division number, authentication value, and click on submit.
How to View A-Register Extract?
- Visit the official website of Tamil Nadu’s revenue services.
- On the home page, click on the “view A-Register extract.”
- A new page opens, enter the details of district, taluk, village, survey number, select sub-division number, an authentication value.
- Verify the details entered and click on submit. The document will appear.
How to verify Patta online?
- To verify the Patta certificate online, visit the Tamil Nadu revenue services portal.
- Click on the “verify Patta” on the home page.
- Enter the reference number of Patta.
- Click on submit to verify.
FMB Map Tamil Nadu – Patta Chitta, Village Map Download
Verify Poramboke Land
- To verify the poramboke land, go to the website of TN Government e-Services.
- Click on verify poramboke land on the home page.
- A new page appears, select district, taluk, village, and enter survey number, sub-division number.
- Check the entered details and click on the submit option to view the land information.
How to Know the Application of Patta Chitta Online Status?
- To check the application of Patta Chitta online status in Tamil Nadu, visit the official website.
- Click on the “click here” at the bottom left side of the home page.
- A new page opens, enter the application ID and Captcha code.
- Click on the “get status” to know the application status.
For applying the Patta document online through the official web portal of Tamil Nadu land records, payment of Rs 100 must be done via online mode.
How to Transfer Patta Chitta?
To transfer Patta Chitta or sell the land or property:
- Need to apply tehsildar or concerned authorities of the respective district or village.
- Based on the examination of authorities, the application is sometimes accepted or rejected sometimes. The concerned authorities have the whole right to accept or reject any application.
Download Patta Chitta Mobile App
- First, open the google play store on your mobile phones.
- Enter Patta Chitta Tamil Nadu on the search bar and click on search.
- There are many apps, and a list will appear, select the first result.
- Click on the download option.
- After downloading, it starts installing, and now we can open the Patta Chitta app on a mobile phone.
Tamilnadu Patta Chitta Overview
|Portal Name||Tamil Nadu Patta Chitta Land Record|
|Launched By||Tamil Nadu State Government|
|Beneficiaries||People residing in Tamil Nadu|
|Objective||Facilitating access to information through digitization|
|Department Name||Revenue Department|
In 2015 ‘Patta’ and ‘Chitta’ were merged into a single text named ‘Pattachitta’ by the government of Tamil Nadu.
Patta Chitta FAQs
What is the fee for applying to Patta online?
INR 100 will be charged for applying to Patta online.
How to view the validity of the Patta Certificate?
On the official website (https://eservices.tn.gov.in/eservicesnew/index.html), you can validate the patta document by entering the Reference Number.
Is possessing a Patta important?
Definitely Yes. Patta is evidence that the land is lawfully owned by you. When the title of the property has problems, Patta can be given as evidence.