Amma Two Wheeler Scheme Hello, friends today we are going to talk in this post-Amma Two Wheeler Scheme Last Date 2021-22 Download Application Forms, Details, the Tamil Nadu government has introduced the “Amma Two Wheeler Scheme” to enable them to buy women-friendly two-wheelers at a subsidized price. The scheme helps ease working women’s travel to work. Since the main motto of the scheme is ease of use, only gearless or auto-geared vehicles are included in the scheme.
In this article, we will share with you the eligibility criteria, documents required, application process and all of the other details related to the scheme.
Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
The scheme was launched in February 2018 for the development of working women especially from the poor section of the society. Under this scheme, eligible applicants can avail discount on two-wheeler purchase of up to a maximum of 50% or Rs.25,000 whichever is lower. Also, three-wheeled retrofitted two-wheelers may be availed by the differently-abled women. Applicants will have to bear the remaining cost of the vehicle either through a bank loan or through their own funds.
The main motive through the implementation of the scheme is the ease that the woman will go through because of the easy access to vehicles like Scooty or bicycle as per their desire. Also, special retro-fitted three-wheeler scooters will be made available to physically disabled women.
Details Of Amma Two Wheeler
|Name of the scheme||Amma Two Wheeler Scheme|
|Launched by||Government of Tamil Nadu state|
|Beneficiaries||Residents of Tamil Nadu state (women)|
|Objective||To provide vehicles to women|
Benefits of Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
The government of Tamil Nadu wants to empower working women, especially from the underprivileged section of society. Below are the benefits of the Amma Two Wheeler Scheme:
1 lakh women to benefit each year.
Subsidy of 50% of the cost of the scooter or Rs.25,000, whichever is lower. (Free fund from the government for the purchase of Amma scooter)
Applicable to all rural and urban areas of Tamil Nadu.
Subsidy to be directly credited to the beneficiaries bank account.
Differently-Abled women can avail retro-fitted three-wheeler scooter.
Can avail bank loan for the remaining amount or pay through own funds.
Specifications Of The Vehicle
Under the Amma two-wheeler scheme if you take any vehicle the specification must match the following details:-
- The maximum engine capacity must be 125cc
- The vehicle should be eligible to be registered under the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988.
- The vehicle should have been manufactured after 01.01.2018 and 2 comply with the latest emission norms.
- Details of all the vehicles provided under this scheme will be collated/gathered by the Project Director (PD), Tamilnadu State Rural Livelihoods Mission (TNSRLM) of the respective District.
- The details will also be shared with the Transport department who shall not permit a change in registration of ownership due to sale or other considerations without the prior permission of the PD, TNSRLM for a period of 3 years.
Apart from the eligibility criteria, there are beneficiaries that the Tamil Nadu government has listed to get the Amma Two-Wheeler Scheme. Below are the details:
Women who are actively engaged individually or collectively as a group for a livelihood wage or activity employment.
Women who are commuting long distances.
Their earnings are the primary source of income for the family.
Women who are registered as workers in the organized and unorganized sectors.
Women employed in establishments and shops.
Self-employed women who are engaged in petty trades.
Women who are either on daily wages, consolidated salary, on contract employment in Government Aided Organizations, private institutions, government projects or community-based organizations such as:
Panchayat Level Federations
Mavatta Makkal Kattral Maiyam
Village Poverty Reduction Committees.
ASHA workers and Banking correspondents/Banking Facilitators.
Priority will be given to working women who are:
Residing in remote areas or hilly regions
Unmarried aged above 35 years
Reservation Under The Scheme
Certain reservations are provided to the women who are belonging to backward caste in the Tamilnadu State such as:-
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||21%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||1%|
|Differently-abled||4 % ( Across All Categories)|
Features of Amma Two Wheeler
- This scheme is started to empower the working woman
- Under this scheme, the subsidy will provide to the applicant who is eligible
- The applicant can buy any 2-wheeler of her choice maximum up to engine capacity of 125cc
- Beneficiaries will be selected by the Selection Committees headed. Commissioner in case of Chennai city and the District Collectors for the other districts
- The applicant can take a loan from Banks/Non-Banking Finance Companies. In such a case after verification of from by selection committee, the application will forward to the bank or financial institution of the applicant choice.
- In case the applicant wants to buy with own fund, the subsidy amount will directly transfer in the bank account of the beneficiary after submission of the purchase proof of vehicle
The following documents are required to apply for the scheme:-
- Proof for Age (18 to 40) / Date of birth
- Proof for Residence such as-
- EPIC card
- Driving License
- Aadhar Card
- Utility Bills etc., in the Applicant’s name
- Driving License / Learner License Registration (LLR) issued by the competent authority
- Income Certificate issued by Employer / Self Certification
- Proof of Employment issued by the Employer/Organization/Project Head/Society in case of Wage / Salaried employment.
- Aadhaar card.
- Proof of Educational Qualification / Appearance for VIII standard exam (Transfer Certificate, SSLC, etc.,)
- Passport size photograph
- Proof to establish membership of priority category, wherever applicable
- Community Certificate (in case of SC/ST category)
- Differently Abled Identity Card issued by the competent authority
- Quotation/Pro-forma invoice of the vehicle.
Application Procedure Under Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
The following application procedure should be followed by the applicants if they want to enroll under the scheme:-
- The applications form will be made available at all Block Offices, Urban Local Body offices, and the Collectorates free of cost to the applicant.
- Also, you can download the application forms from the link given above.
- No application fee should be collected from the applicant for the form.
- The application forms will be filled and submitted to the respective Block offices / Urban Local Bodies (ULBs).
- The filled-in Application forms can be submitted either in person or by Registered/ Speed Post.
- A unique application number will be assigned to each application form containing the ULB/RLB code followed by the running serial number within the ULB/RLB.
- Mother Teresa Women’s Complex-I Floor,ValluvarKottam High Road, Nugambakkam,Chennai-600 034,Tamil Nadu, India.
- Ph: 91-44-28173412
- Fax: 91-44-28173409
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Where do I send my Amma Two-Wheeler scheme form?
The duly filled application form should be submitted to the local or respective Block Offices or Urban Local Body Offices. You could also submit the application form through Speed or Registered Post to the respective offices.
How can I get a two-wheeler subsidy in Tamil Nadu?
The Tamil Nadu government has launched the Amma Two-Wheeler Scheme to empower working women, especially from the underprivileged society. The scheme offers two-wheelers with 50% subsidy or a maximum of Rs.25,000 of the cost of the vehicle. The balance has to be paid through your own funds or can avail a bank loan.
How do I get an Amma scooter?
Women who are working as individuals or as groups for livelihood activity or wage employment and are commuting far distances for work are eligible for the Amma scooter scheme. However, one has to fulfil the eligibility criteria mentioned above to get an Amma scooter.
Can I apply for the Amma Two-Wheeler Scheme if I have a Learner’s Licence (LL)?
If you have applied for a Learner’s Licence (LL), you should get a valid Driving Licence (DL) before submitting the application for the subsidy. The copy of your DL has to be attached along with the Subsidy Claim Form to get the 50% of the vehicle cost subject to a maximum of Rs.25,000.
Do I get the subsidy before I buy the vehicle?
No, you will have to buy the two-wheeler and submit the Registration Certificate of the vehicle along with your DL to release 50% of the eligible subsidy
In This Post, We will share about Amma Two Wheeler Scheme Last Date 2021-22 Download Application Forms, Details, if you have any queries so you can drop the comment in the comment box. we will reply to you. I hope you like this post so please share it on your social media handles & Friends.
For more information visit our Website: Allaeps Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter to get new updates related to the posts, Thanks for reading this article till the end.